Giras: Havana D'Primera
Timbapedia: 08. Timba Nightc... : Subrosa
Timbapedia: 08. Timba Nightc... : El Floridita
Timbapedia: 08. Timba Nightc... : Yoshi's San Fran...
Giras: Maykel Blanco y Salsa Mayor
Giras: Pupy y Los Que Son Son
Reportes: Movimiento ... : Global Cuba...
Giras: Adalberto Álvarez
Fotos: Tom Ehrlich : 2017 SF Rueda Festiva...
Grupos: Buena Fe : Discography
Giras: Afro-Cuban All Stars
Reportes: From The St... : SIMPOSIO IN...
Reportes: Report From Chicago
Photos of the Day [hide]
FRONT PAGE - PRIMERA PLANA
Seria de JAZZ AFRO-CARIBEÑO en SUBROSA Nueva York
Ícono del piano EDDIE PALMIERI presenta
Eddie Palmieri Presents Afro-Caribbean Jazz Mondays
New York City gets a heavy Latin Jazz boost with the announcement of "Eddie Palmieri Presents Afro-Caribbean Jazz Mondays", a new series of musical performances, beginning April 17th running through August 14th, 2017 (every Monday) @ 8pm & 10pm at SUBROSA, located at 63 Gansevoort St, in New York City.
Eddie Palmieri Quintet w/ Sp.Invited Guest Joe Locke
Monday, April 17th, 2017 @ 8pm & 10pm
Eddie Palmieri, a restless, yet instinctive artist, embraces the future of his music by unapologetically blazing a distinctive musical path to the delight of fans across the globe. With a musical career that spans over 50 years as a pianist, bandleader and composer of Salsa and Latin jazz, the ten time Grammy® Award winner was honored in 2013 with the NEA Jazz Masters Award, the nation’s highest honor in jazz, recognizing him as a true American musical icon. Palmieri’s new album, “Sabiduria” (Wisdom), will be released in April 2017. “Sabiduria” is a fusion of Jazz, funk and Latin, fused with Afroworld rhythms. Palmieri continues to innovate, and new music will be released in successive volumes commemorating his 80th year along with a tour entitled “EP @ 80.” Palmieri has mentored and toured with countless musicians, many of whom have become leaders in their own right. This celebratory performance will be a mini-reunion for Palmieri’s school of music, featuring over a dozen esteemed vocalists and instumentalists – with an extensive Latin rhythm section including congas, timbales, bongos and maracas. A true powerhouse of brilliance, known for his astute arranging skills and historic compositions, Eddie Palmieri has shown that time is infinite with respect to his repertoire as he continues to thrill audiences throughout the world with his legendary style.
For all media & promo inquiries, please contact:
Jeff Mann | JeffMann@highlineballroom.com
Director of Marketing
HIGHLINE BALLROOM + SUBROSA
BNEG // Office: (212) 997-4555
Tom's Photos of the SF SalsarReda Festival
Timbalive and the Juan Formell Tribute Concert
Samuel, Yeni, Robertón & Pedrito Calvo
The 9th Annual SalsaRueda Fest featured Timbalive with two current and two ex-VanVaneros, including new Bay Area resident Yenisel Valdés, who also made her Santa Cruz debut at the Center Street Food Lounge. Here are links to Tom Ehrlich's galleries from the Festival: concert - soundcheck.
Pa' Que Aprendas for Sale Now
Tony Moreaux & Asokere
"Pa' Que Aprendas", the first single by Tony Moreaux & Asokere, is now available at CD Baby . Lead vocals are by Henri Benítez Hourrutinier (ex-Pupy y Los Que Son Son) and on piano is Javier Gutiérrez Massó, also known as Caramelo de Cuba -a well-known jazz pianist residing in Spain. Buy your copy now!
INTERNATIONAL RUEDA DE CASINO MULTI FLASH MOB DAY IS APRIL 1
Also: Radio segments of note
ENGLISH: The 2017 edition of the International Rueda de Casino Multi Flash Mob Day will take place April 1 at 1600 hours local time (4pm local time wherever you are). Casino dancers all around the world gather in their localities to participate. For complete details, including how to participate, see the official website at
ESPAÑOL: La edición 2017 del Día Internacional de la Rueda de Casino Multi Flash Mob se llevará a cabo el 1 de abril a las 1600 horas locales (hora local de las 4 pm dondequiera que esté). Casineros de todo el mundo se reúnen en sus localidades para participar. Para obtener detalles completos, incluyendo cómo participar, consulte el sitio web oficial en https://flashmob.dileque.si/
RADIO PROGRAMS OF NOTE:
ENGLISH: Bill Tilford's shortwave radio program From the Isle of Music is presenting a few specials of interest to TIMBA.com readers:
1. On March 13/14, 17 and 18, an interview in English with music of Pablo Menéndez about Grupo de Experimentación Sonora del ICAIC , a group that profoundly influenced several genres of Cuban Music.
2. On March 20/21, 24 and 25, an interview in Spanish (with music) of Oriente López about the amazing Jazz/Fusion group Afrocuba and his current projects
3. On March 27/28, 31 and April 1, an interview in Spanish with Juanito Gómez, one of Cuba's most important Casineros, about Rueda de Casino. With music.
ESPAÑOL: El programa radial en onda corta de Bill Tilford From the Isle of Music está presentando algunos especiales de interés para los lectores de TIMBA.com:
1. Los días 13/14, 17 y 18 de marzo, una entrevista en inglés con música de Pablo Menéndez sobre el Grupo de Experimentación Sonora del ICAIC , grupo que profundamente influyó en varios géneros de la música cubana.
2. Los días 20/21, 24 y 25 de marzo, una entrevista en español (con música) de Oriente López sobre el increíble grupo de Jazz / Fusión Afrocuba y sus proyectos actuales
3. Los días 27/ 28, 31 de marzo, una entrevista en español con Juanito Gómez , uno de los casineros más importantes de Cuba, sobre Rueda de Casino. Con música.
To listen / Para escuchar:
1. Tuesdays/los martes 0000-0100 UTC (8-9pm EDT Mondays/los lunes in the Americas):
WBCQ The Planet, 7490 Khz
2. Fridays/los viernes 1100-1200 UTC, Channel 292 , 6070 KHz
3. Saturdays/los sábados 1200-1300 UTC, Channel 292 , 6070 KHz