Indice - Table of contents
Grupos: Manolito y su Tr... : Músicos
Grupos: Guaco : The 3rd Phase: 86-91
Grupos: Guaco : 80-85: The Ricardo He...
Reportes: From The St... : Cubadisco 2...
Musicos: Lily La Amazona del Sabor
Grupos: Calixto Oviedo Mulens
Grupos: Calixto Oviedo M... : Discography
Grupos: Guaco : Into The 90s: Conquer...
Grupos: Guaco : A Very Special Trilog...
Grupos: Guaco : The 1970s
Staff: Bill Tilford
Reportes: Curuyé in LA
Grupos: Guaco : Discography
Photos of the Day [hide]
Fiesta del Tambor - Fiesta del Tambor - 2019
18th EDITION OF THE 2019 HAVANA INTERNATIONAL RHYTHM AND DANCE FESTIVAL
GUILLERMO BARRETO IN MEMORIAM
- The percussion instruments to compete are: kettledrum or pailas, bongoes, drums, congas or tumbadoras and Batá drums.
- Each competitor will have the opportunity to compete in two instruments.
- No profesional or academic requirements to compete.
- Jury is made up of outstanding percussionists who are in charge of granting as many as prizes they deem appropriate, and there is no right of appeal against the decision made.
- The Organizing Committee will provide venue of the event with as many percussion instruments as necessary. Play with personal instruments will be allowed in case they do not affect the rhythm of the event, and the jury will have the last word.
- The musical genres to compete are the follows: Contredanse, Danzón, Cha cha cha, Charanga, Mambo, Son, Guaracha, Bolero, Salsa, Songos, Pilón, Afro or 6x8, Changüí, Conga Santiaguera (Santiago Conga), Havana Conga and Comparsa, Mozambique, Rumba, Timba, Congo (Palo, Makuta and Yuka), and Abbakuá.
Note: The Jury has the possibility to decide any of these popular and Afro-Cuban rhythms.
- In the case any participant had neither general nor partial knowledge about these genres, it would not be a problem at all to participate.
- The Jury will set the performance time according to quality and creativity performed.
- A minimum of 2 genres will be requested to be performed individually for each instrument. The Organizing Committee will be in charge of providing competitors with a recording for them to play. Competitors will have to make 1 or 2 improvisations in different musical genres, except for Batá Drums in which the 3 drums will be played simultaneously, understanding that these can be sung or not, and jury will determine the "beats" or what Yoruba Religion Saint will be interpreted in these instruments.
- The Jury will evaluate –in each participant- knowledge about genres or styles, rhythm, creativity, and if necessary, virtuosity.
- Those participants who won first place in previous editions cannot compete in the same percussion instrument contest he/she previously played.
- Winners will be awarded with: musical instruments from domestic or international music companies such as: SABIAN, GON BOPS, KoSA, LUDWIG, PROMARK, SONOC, EVANS, Ae, etc. The prize-winning competitors will be also awarded with diplomas and souveniers by Palco Busisness Group, the Organizing Committee and embassies involved in this event.
- Casino Contests will be carried out by using Cuban music.
- There is no age limit for Casino or Rumba Contests.
- In the case of Casino Contest, participants will have to improvise.
- Cuban contestants will be selected for participating in the pre-contest which will be held from February 19th through 20th, at Salón Rosado de la Tropical, from 1:00 p.m.
- The Jury will be made up of outstanding professors and professionals. There is no right of appeal against the decision made.
- Dance couples´ performing time for casino and Rumba Contests will be to jury´s decision.
- Competitors for Rumba Contests will be able to compete individually in Columbia Style, or in couples in Yambú or Guaguancó Styles. One male and/or one woman will be awarded in Columbia Style, and also one couple in other genres.
- The international dance couples or competitors must be registered by e-mail and see all respective conditions such as: registration fee for foreign participants, forms of payment, among other information, before February 20, 2019. The aforementioned requirements (and others) will be available at the official webpage of the event, with payment options before November 30. The available emails are the follows: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org y email@example.com
- Regarding Rumba and Casino Contests, the Jury will award the BEST CHILDREN´S PERFORMANCE Prize.
- The Final Competition will be held on Friday, March 8, at the Karl Marx Theater, at 8.30 p.m., and winners will be awarded on March 10, at the Karl Marx Theater, at 3:00 p.m.
- The winning-dance couples of the Casino and Rumba Competitions, and the man and woman who remain winners in the Columbia Competition will be awarded by the festival with: Diploma of the event; one-week reservation at a 4- or 5-star hotel in Varadero (free of charges), and two-night reservation (free of charges) at Palco Hotel sponsored by Palco Business Group, and with previous coordination it can include the Cubana de Aviación Ariline´s air ticket payment in case the airline flies to the destination of the possible foreign winner. There will be varied prizes for the BEST CHILDREN'S PERFORMANCES, as well as 2 cell phones for winning dance couples competing in the Casino and Rumba Contests, among other prizes.
- The second- and third-winning places will be awarded with some invitations to restaurants or facilities belonging to Palco Business Group, Diplomas, and others.
Credentials with preferential prices before November 30, 2018. The payment must be made by using credit cards, such as: PayPal and others.