Indice - Table of contents
Fotos: Tom Ehrlich : Con Tumbao 6-18-22
Reportes: From The St... : Cubadisco 2...
Grupos: Changüí de Gua... : Músicos - Members
Grupos: Changüí de Gua... : Videos
Fotos: Tom Ehrlich : Berkeley-2022
Fotos: Tom Ehrlich : Berkeley 2022
Grupos: Pupy y los que Son Son
Grupos: Emilio Frias "El... : Discography
Grupos: Emilio Frias "El... : Músicos - Members
Giras: Emilio Frias "El Niño" y La Ve...
Grupos: NG La Banda : Músicos
Fotos: Tom Ehrlich : Interview with Carlos...
Grupos: Klímax : Fiesta del Tambor - 2...
Grupos: Klímax : Fiesta del Tambor 202...
Photos of the Day [hide]
12 June 2017: AND THE WINNERS ARE:
The official winners'booklet for Cubadisco 2017 can be downloaded here
Many thanks to the Lourdes Martínez and the Periodico Cubadisco team for this version of the booklet. Bill Tilford attended Cubadisco and the International Symposium will begin sharing some of the highlights in a few days.
19 April 2017
Cubadisco 2017 is coming soon! The schedule of events has not been published yet, but here is the promotional poster:
CUBADISCO AWARDS 2017
The Cuban Institute of Music, the Organizing Committee of the International Cubadisco Fair and the Cuban Academy of Discographic Arts announce the 2017 Cubadisco Awards.
1. The phonographic or audio-visual musical productions produced by Cuban record companies, by Cuban and foreign institutions related to the musical activity of our country, and independent musical productions may be entered , provided they are presented by an institution linked to our cultural field.
2. Entries must have been prepared between January 1 and December 31, 2016.
3.The Cubadisco Awards will consider the quality of the productions that are submitted to the contest, and not the work, trajectory or relevance within the national music and culture, nor any other of the virtues of the artists whose works are contained in such productions , nor the popularity or sales levels of the productions presented.
4. The deadline for the registration of works begins on November 15, 2016 and expires on March 15, 2017.
5. The registration of the works in the contest will be realized in the offices of the Cubadisco Awards, Calle 15 no. 452, esq. a F, Vedado, Plaza de la Revolution, Havana, Cuba. CP 10400. Telephone: (537) 7832 8298. Email: email@example.com
6. For the purposes of registration, two physical copies of the finished work must be delivered. In the same way, the work must be delivered in digital format (mp3, in the case of music), with all the necessary data that complement the production: designs, recordings, track lists, fundamental credits, etc.
7. Institutions that submit works in competition will be responsible for the inscriptions of their productions before the contest and the artists they represent. Once registered, they can not be removed from the event under any circumstances.
8. The Admission Commission (composed of members of the Advisory Group of the Academy and the A & R of the record companies) will decide on the category in which each production will be admitted, regardless of the category in which it was proposed in its inscription.
9. The nomination and awarding processes will be carried out by the academy members responsible for voting in each area and category and verified by the Consultative Group.
10. The results of the nominations will be made known publicly at a press conference convened for this purpose. The awards program be held in a ceremony organized on the first day of the International Fair Cubadisco 2017.
11. The registration in the contest implies the acceptance of its bases. Likewise, the institution that registers the production in the contest is committed, in the case in which the work is awarded, to issue the release of a selected theme that allows the Academy to edit a compilation disc of the winning discs,soon after the process of the delivery of the awards.
12. Nominations and prizes awarded will be final.
Areas and categories
The categories to be awarded in the contest will be grouped in the following areas (according to the areas in which the academy members who will exercise their voting rights will be divided):
AREA 1 (PATRIMONIAL)
1. Compilation and Archival Music
2. Traditional music
AREA 2 (ACADEMIC)
3. Chamber Music
4. Symphonic music
5. Concert soloist
6. Choral and vocal music
AREA 3 (INSTRUMENTAL)
8. Instrumental Music
AREA 4 (CANCIONISTICA)
11. Neuva trova
12. Music for children
AREA 5 (FUSION)
AREA 6 (DANCE MUSIC)
16. Dance Music (New Talents)
17. Dance music (Masters)
AREA 7 (URBAN MUSIC)
AREA 8 (ELECTRONICA AND ELECTROACOUSTIC)
AREA 9 (AUDIOVISUAL)
18. Musical documentary
20. Audiovisual Concert
AREA 10 (SPECIALTIES)
22. Final art
23. Liner/Discografic Notes
Will be awarded to recordings by non-Cuban authors and interpreters who creatively reflect the most authentic musical values of their peoples and the commitment to the defense and promotion of cultural diversity, in accordance with the aesthetic assumptions advocated by Cubadisco. The proposals for this award will be made by Cuban and foreign artists and experts linked to the record industry of our country and the history of this event.